Monday, October 20, 2008

Thoughts of the Day

1. I am not sure what is going on... but it is in the 60's today in the Burgh... and its October... not even early October... like post-Ides of October. It is supposed to be cool and crisp and sweater weather. I managed to pull off a Rugby shirt today, but i am wearing shorts with it. Grrr.

2. Being on the penultimate floor of the building has its downsides... or so it would appear.

see, when it started to not be 85 degrees everyday, all the old people in the building decided it was time to turn on their heaters and BLAST that stuff. Of course, since heat rises, our apartment is feeling the affects. I have never seen an air conditioner work so hard to acheive almost nothing at all. Last night I came in from a movie around midnight... and by midnight it has been dark for a while and the temperature outside should have fallen significantly. My roommate was wandering around in a t-shirt and a daze saying "its so hot... its so hot..."

being the attentive person i am, i immediately put my hand over the vent where the AC was supposed to be blasting... you'll never guess what was coming out...

WARM AIR.

groooooooooooooooooooooooss.

I next went to the thermostat to see where we actually were temperature-wise. The mercury had just passed the line marked "balls". That is right. Our apartment is officially hotter than balls. In October.

Now, i looooooooooooove fall. Love it love it love it. But if this is what fall is going to bring us I may actually have to move New England. Grosser than Gross.

No comments: