Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A meeting with our President, Dr. Richard Cook, and some notes

1. While I was walking by the Gatorden (the on campus 24-hour computer lab) I ran into President Cook, and talked to him for about 10 minutes. At what other institution do students regularly shoot the breeze with the Prez? Awesome. As we were parting ways, he reached into his pocket, handed me a pin with the school seal on it and said "You should have this: wear it with pride." Awesomeness personified.




2. This guy is awesome. Yes... that is a Steelers Hard Hat. On a construction worker. At the Vuk. Sweet.

















3. They started pouring concrete for the floors of the Vuk. Hooray. This posting is an example of me trying to get over my bitterness for seeing the place go up in my back yard, and never getting to use it.

No comments: