Wednesday, October 31, 2007

what was that hiatus?

Sorry about the long break since the last post. i didn't realize anyone actually read the crap i put on here until a friend informed that he/she had taken the link out of his/her favorites. I apologize.

Anyway... some stuff has happened in my life, and it is time i posted it.

Last week i snagged a sick parking spot... right next my building. You will recall that there were more passes issued for our lot than there are total parking spaces in the lot... so I find this awesome spot, and like the normal person i am, i refuse to move my car until i absolutely have to.

So after several days i went to get something out of my car, only to find something strange in front of my vehicle: A HANDICAPPED PARKING SIGN!

Apparently that afternoon the space i was occupying had been designated a handicapped spot. So i marched down to security and inquired about this little surprise. I was informed that if i did not move my car by that night, i would be receiving a significant ticket for parking in a handicapped spot.

I brought it to their attention that i had not parked in a handicapped spot, i had parked in a regular spot. They had deemed it a handicapped spot that afternoon. They didn't seem to care. So i was forced to move my car.

I am happy to report that the spot is currently being used by someone with a handicapped sticker (not happy they are handicapped, but happy the space is being used)... but i still think it is a dumb place for the spot. To make use of the spot one must have both a green sticker (for the green lot) and a handicapped sticker (for the space). It would seem much more logical to put the handicapped space in the universal lot that is not only larger, but doesn't require the green sticker. Whatever... i should not expect that kind of logic from this place this late in my college career.

No comments: