Friday, January 4, 2008

Thoughts of the Day

VS


Someone out there scolded me for not posting in a couple of weeks, and i'll be frank: i was surprised. Who knew anyone read this. Great. So, here are some thoughts.

A. Pittsburgh Magazine released its 25 most beautiful people list for the year: Daniel Sepulveda is on there. I am straighter than 79 North, but i agree with the people over at QED. Total man-crush.

B. My Dad has officially started trying to hook me up with the women that made the above mentioned list. Thanks Dad... but just lemme know when you figure out who Pittgirl is.

C. Speaking of which my "Pittgirl Says Drink" Sweatshirt came, and Miss Book got her t-shirt. Everything is right with the world for a moment.

D. Someone complained about all the Steelers posts from me, so I am happy to oblige our friends from Ohio: The Penguins are doing marvelously. Yes... I used the word Marvelous. We are, in fact, one point behind first place New Jersey. Suh-weet.

Malkin had a hat-trick last night, and even without those three goals, we would have won by a point. .






E. Did anyone watch the Winter Classic on New Years day? We did... an hour of pre-game, and the four hours of actual game. Amazing... winning on a Sid the Kid shoot0out goal. Awesomeness. I even had a Jersey fan tell me she liked Sidney. HAH!

What was up with the National Anthems tho? They Sang Canada's... my response: Uhm... DID Buffalo secede? I know it is a Canadian sport, but we are from the PA, (US) and the Sabres are from New York (US)... whatever Sid the Kid is a Canuck by origin, so I'll allow it.

So now it is time for the US National Anthem... "The Star Spangled Banner"... right?

WRONG! Apparently not in the NHL. They decided to sing "God Bless America." As good as this song may be, it is NOT the national anthem. I'm just saying...

F. I hope you got your free Sheetz coffee all day Christmas and new Years days.

G. Prediction of the Day: The Pirates will be one game over .500 this season. More to come on that prediction later.

H. Grades Were posted yesterday on WebAdvisor... let me clarify that... Yesterday... the 3rd of January. Finals ended when... the 18th of December? Thanks to the Mathbox, i passed astrophysics. Distribution #1: DONE.

Peace out, Gators.

No comments: