Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Crossing and Walking

So i was walking across campus today, answering urgent texts from all the ladies in my life (shakes head to indicate he is lying) when i got to North Main street. I could tell i was at one of the new super wide, super awesome crosswalks because the blinding white light that was reflecting off the pavement was giving me an instant tan.

I decided to keep right on trucking across the street, and if a car hit me so be it. Here is the thing... in PA, pedestrians have the right of way. No questions. You're walking, you take precedence. Cars HAVE to stop for you. So the way i figure it, if a car hits me, the settlement would probably pay for my college, and at 36 or 37 grand a year just for tuition at this point, those loans are piling up. So yeah... I may be the kid that is walking blindly across the street, cause here in the Commonwealth... we are in charge on foot.

1 comment:

melissa said...

i've always heard rumors that if you get hit crossing n. main the college covers your tuition. could just be rumors though........