Sunday, September 23, 2007

Tight Ends, Willie and halftime

Ok... there are 37 seconds left in the first half, and we are up 14-6. Rock On. Anyone who knows me knows that I have been slow to buy into the whole "Fast Willie" thing. I have always felt that he tries too much to break tackles and play like a big guy. The truth of it is that he is small... and runs a 4.29 40. Lets be serious... run outside. It isn't hard to figure out... you are smaller than everyone on the other side of the line of scrimmage, but you are twice as fast... run around them...

Anyway, if i am going to be quite serious, he is tearing it up today. Props to you Fast Willie.

What i really want to comment on is the tight ends. What a asset to our team, right? About 10 years ago my dad bought me a #83 jersey, back between Lipps and Holiday wearing the number in the early 90's. When we drafted Heath in the first round in '05 I watched him like a hawk... I mean let's be serious here. I have been wearing number 83 for over a decade, and he had been wearing it for exactly never.

Anyway, he turned out to be great, and our tight ends have something like 4 of our 6 touchdowns at this week three halftime juncture. Awesome. Heath has some great catches today, and Tuman has a TD. Nice.

P.S. if we keep blocking for Rossum, we might have something there.

P.P.S. Pittgirl is right: Steely McBeam is the giantest vacuum of suck EVER.

No comments: