Saturday, June 14, 2008

Where to now...?

Well, the Ghetor has graduated and moved on from the Village of Mr. Meade, and now must decide what to do with this blog. All four people who read it must be waiting with bated breath.

I have taken a job in Pittsburgh, where my heart has always been, and couldn't be happier where i am. I had considered blogging about the burgh, but there are some bloggers to whom i would never match up in this city... so i will leave that niche up to them.

Therefore, in lieu of not writing at all, i will just post "the misadventures of a Ghetor Grad" on here.

I was at a Stanley Cup final game in Pittsburgh (the game was being played in Detroit, but for five dollars one could buy a ticket to The Civic Arena (i will never call it the mellon arena) and watch the game on the jumbotron) and wouldn't you know i was sitting next to another allegheny alum? she graduated a couple years ahead of me... actually taught me pivot turns in the waltz as my Ballroom T.A. Later in that game, a kid ended up standing next to me... looked familiar. He is a year behind me in school.

Blame it on "everyone at Allegheny is from Pittsburgh" but Gators are everywhere.

I have seen 6 Allegheny bumper stickers on different cars on the Parkway and 65 North in the last two weeks.

Anyway... i'll have to have some adventures so i can post them on here.

2 comments:

Mark Rauterkus said...

Glad you are happy here.

Would love to have you post about Pittsburgh things too. Don't let those other bloggers slow you down. We need more citizen engagement!

Miss Book said...

whew. I was beginning to get a little worried that your blog might be dead. I am glad it is not :) Mine's on a brief hiatus until we get some new kids next week...I'm sure they will be great blog fodder :)