Friday, July 11, 2008

Gator vs Cat

So the Battle To Make Friends With The Cat wages on...

It has turned into both of us dissing each other left and right, and then trying to butter the other one up. Its a great combination... an ornery goofy cat and an ornery playful Gator... i think we are secretly both enjoying it. It isn't so much a love-hate relationship... it is a hate-loathe kinda thing.

I came home the other day with the guy cousins, behind the girl cousins and aunt in another car. When my aunt opened to garage door, the cat raced out into the yard. When he saw me get out of my car in the driveway, he ran to the front door, knowing i would let him in. When i opened the storm door, he jumped up on the threshold, got on his hind lags and started pawing at the door like a bear or a human, and meowing. However, the door was locked.

So, I gently shut the storm door, trapping Chester between the two doors, and went into the house through the garage. I grabbed one of my cousins, and took him to the front door. We unlocked the door, and opened it, and with a 'rrrrrrrrrroOOOOW!' the cat fell into the hallway, dropping from his hind legs to all fours like a beggar falling at the feet of Jesus.

It was hysterical.

No comments: