Thursday, July 17, 2008

Today's Thoughts: Gone with the Schwinn


1. First and foremost: THE SPEEDWAGON IS BACK! The window and door panel were replaced yesterday, and i drove the piece or gorgeousness in today.

2. When I walked into the foyer at the house yesterday there was something waiting for me that could quite possibly be the best piece of mail I have ever received. It is relevant to the blog, so there will be more to come on that. Stay tuned.

3. I was on the 16 block (some of those are very looooong blocks) walk from the office to my bus stop the other day, and I had just gotten to the part of Forbes where you pass under the Cross-town Boulevard.

CRUISING up the street toward me, was a kid on a bicycle, and I was impressed, because he was not only doing a wheelie, but he was doing it on his front wheel.

Then, as i looked closer, something seemed amiss... the back wheel, about 2 and a half feet off the ground, was flopping side to side... it was then that i noticed the front tire was not, in fact, turning but was, in fact, skidding.

Out of the corner of my eye (and in slow motion, i might add) i saw the light switch from yellow to red... that was when the bike gave up, crashed to the ground at the white "stop here on red line" as if to say "HEY! I KNOW THE LAW!" and sent the kid FLYING toward the intersection and skidding across the pavement, having been bucked from the bike as if it were a horse with a sarcastic sense of humor.

As he bounced six or seven times, his legs had already begun to move in an effort to get on his feel, much like Dino from The Flintstones or a Cocker Spaniel trying to run on a linoleum kitchen floor when his master comes home.

Cars came to screeching halts, and several people, including myself, jumped off the curb and into the street to make sure the kid was ok, but he was already up collecting the back saying "I'm ok... i'm ok... i meant to do that... i'm actullay a ninja... i just need to sit for a minute and stop shaking... and maybe change my pants."

He really was fine, and I have to admit, that once all the sense of danger was gone and i was replaying it over and over in my mind, it was hard not to laugh. I guess i should have the sick sense of humor looked at.

No comments: